Nano Grant Program Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the Nano Grant Program. Please review the following grant guidelines below to get started. Si te gustaría solicitar en español, por favor, envíenos un correo a email@example.com.
What are Nano Grants?
Nano Grants are $250 grants for individuals who live in Chattanooga and have a creative idea to bring people together, create a sense of place, and strengthen their community. Nano Grants serve as a vehicle to encourage experimentation, build leadership opportunities, and turn ideas into reality.
Who can apply?
Any individual who is a Chattanooga resident is eligible to apply for a Nano Grant. Individuals may only receive Nano Grant funding once every 12 months.
What do we fund?
Causeway is seeking new and creative projects that benefit our city while building community.
- Projects must be implemented in Chattanooga and lead by residents of Chattanooga.
- The project has a positive benefit for the community.
- The project brings Chattanoogans together, builds a sense of community, celebrates our differences, and/or fosters community pride in a creative way.
- The project is new and innovative.
- The project includes a free, publicly accessible element.
- Project funding cannot be used as a small piece of a much larger budget.
- We do not fund projects that are already completed or partially underway.
- Projects should be well-planned, feasible, and able to be completed within three months of approval.
I applied for a Nano Grant, now what?
When you apply for a Nano Grant, a team at Causeway reviews your application and will follow up with you with any questions and/or concerns. Applicants will receive notification of funding decisions within 10 days of application submission.
* This program is inspired by the Center for Great Neighborhoods in Covington, Kentucky.